1. Large staging area for easy parking for large rigs is at the 200th Street East location only. Directions: from the day use area at the corner of Avenue J and 170th East, continue east on J to 200th Street East, turn right (south) on this dirt road for approx. 1/2 miles to reach the equestrian staging area. There is a gate, you will need the gate code (see item 3 below).
2. Parking costs for vehicles with trailers is $6.00 no matter the number of horses on board.
3. The phone number to obtain the gate code is 661-724-1206 (Tehachapi District) on weekdays, and 661-839-2158 (E. Macdonald) on weekends.
4. Step-over gates at the staging area on 200th Street and maintenance yards (near campground) are available, individual riders with no vehicle can enter for $3.00 per horse.
5. The location of the horse staging area is 200th Street East, 1/2 mile south of Avenue J as detailed in item 1 above. The opposite end of the trail is at the maintenance yard south of the campground area
6. No water is available at the staging area but a water trough is located at the opposite end of the trail at the maintenance yard. Port-a-Pottys are available at both ends of the trail.
7. Self pay on-site.
8. You can download a map of the park and trail here: Map
Equestrian Staging Area on 200th Street East.